Thursday, April 1, 2010

Zecca Purse Front Is Done!

I have finally finished the front of the purse - after detours into working on many small projects. The stitching is completed on it and I've started on the back piece. This is not yet blocked so it looks kind of buckled. I stitched the background (Byzantine) sewing motion which distorts the canvas more. But the blocking that needs to be done on it will fix that. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

Each of the circles is done with a different stitch for a little variety. The large circle below the bird's beak is Encroaching Gobelin for a little texture. If you click on the pictures you'll get the larger photo, which shows the detail more clearly. When I get it blocked I'll create a map of what stitches are used and where they are used. I also have some buttons I got from Karen (who's the wonderful designer) that will go over some of the circles before it's turned into the bag/purse it's intended to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment