Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Needlework Storage

Back in December I redid my sewing room, which had pretty much exploded (I'm sure a few of you can identify with that problem). I removed most of the furniture (thank heaven for FreeCycle), painted the room two shades of blue and then put up the Elfa shelving I had planned for two of the walls. There were a few changes to the plan - I discovered a way to keep my 2-drawer filing cabinet in the room (which will get painted at some point as well). My sewing machine cabinet got a new orientation and a change to the shelving by the window gave me a great desk space for my laptop - and a lovely view of our maple tree.
Here are a few of the storage units I've used in the room.





Soie 100/3 Spools

Accentuate & Bijoux Spools


Thread on spools work well in this cabinet.


This is a scrapbooking cabinet I use now for threads and I have a smaller one I use for bead storage. It works well because the drawers come in 3 different heights. I use the 1 & 2 height drawers in this one.

This is my desk area.

Storage for books and magazines.

The spool cabinet sits at the end of the book shelves and is on rollers so I can move it.


I took the doors off the closet and it houses my fabric drawers and some of my thread drawers as well.
This is storage for threads (skeins, hanks and balls), knitting yarn, sewing machine cones, projects and other bits.

I re-oriented the sewing machine cabinet away from the window so I have more room. It houses my Pfaff sewing machine and serger. And it made just enough room that I could leave the filing cabinet in the corner.

Several years ago I bought 2 of the limited edition DMC cabinets. This one hold my DMC. The other one will hold my Anchor floss when I get that organzied.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment